When it comes to choosing the right addiction treatment program, the wide range of options can be a bit confusing. But, knowing a few key questions to ask will help narrow down the choices. One of the first things you should find out about a facility is their rehab success rate. This will tell you how many of the patients completed the program and recovered from their substance dependence or addiction. The rates vary from facility to facility and can change over time. So, to get an accurate rate, it’s wise to call the facility for a current update.
How are Success Rates Determined?
The term “success rate” refers to the positive results of treatment on a person’s subsequent behavior. Measuring these outcomes is a complex process that involves more than just counting how many people completed the program. True success comes when these individuals return to productive functioning in the community, the family, and the workplace.
So, how do we determine recovery success rates? Some facilities provide an aftercare program for their patients. This is an excellent resource for tracking the person’s progress as they reintegrate into society. In this way, the facility can use the information gained as a basis for determining success rates. Also, some facilities employ the services of an independent research company for this purpose. If this is the case, you can be assured of getting factual, accurate data about their program’s efficacy.
One way to know if the addiction rehab success rates are valid is to ask for documentation from the facility. Ask how they get their statistics. Also, read the patient testimonials which are available on the facility’s website. These reviews are heartfelt and give some insight on what it means to overcome such a powerful foe and gain a renewed sense of self-confidence and purpose.
What Else to Look for in a Treatment Program
Now that you have the success rates of the program, what are some of the other factors you should consider before making a choice? Remember, you don’t want to waste your time and money in a program that doesn’t suit your needs. You want to gain victory over addiction and emerge from treatment with the skills and confidence to rebuild your life. With those things in mind, here are some questions to ask about the facility that you are evaluating:
- What is the cost of treatment? This is important because your insurance may not cover all of the costs and you will be responsible for the remainder, so you don’t want any surprises.
- Do they accept insurance? Not all facilities accept insurance, and some policies may not cover a significant portion of the treatment. Ask about other financial arrangements.
- Where is the facility located? Not just the city and state. You need to know if the facility is in a comforting environment or a busy thoroughfare where traffic noise could affect your ability to relax and focus. Remember, location can have an impact on costs.
- Length of the program. Ask if this is a short-term, long-term, or open-ended program. This also influences the costs of the program.
- What amenities are provided? Amenities can include gourmet meals, private rooms, massage therapists, and much more. Some facilities charge more for these perks.
- Are the rooms private or shared? Each facility has different accommodations. Some provide single rooms, while others believe in the “communal living” concept. Be sure you know what to expect.
- Do they offer on-site detox? Since most facilities require detox before being admitted into their program, you need to know if you should arrange for a separate detox program.
- Are the facility and staff credentialled and licensed? The credentials should be available for you to view on request.
- Do they provide 24/7 support and supervision? You want to have access to skilled, compassionate counselors or staff when you need them, whether it be day or night.
- What is their treatment philosophy? For instance, is it a faith-based, traditional, 12-step, holistic, or other. You don’t want to be forced into a plan that makes you uncomfortable.
- Do they provide aftercare or outpatient services? Research shows that a person who leaves rehab without taking advantage of these services is liable to relapse within thirty days.
If you find a facility that meets the above guidelines, the chance of satisfactory success rates is significantly increased. As you can see, asking about the ratings of addiction rehabs is only the beginning of your research.
Let the Experts at Elevate Addiction Services Help You Decide
In your search for effective treatment programs, take a few minutes and explore our website. Our team at Elevate Addiction Services has more than two decades of experience in helping people find freedom from addiction. With two inpatient facilities, and one outpatient facility, we have helped hundreds of people undergo recovery in a professional and positive setting. After visiting our site, you are invited to call our toll-free number if you have questions about our program.